The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 10 at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12, and is rebroadcast throughout the week.
Board meetings are also streamed live on the Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) website, www.ccboe.com. Click on the middle of the main page to start the live streaming. The following is a meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance – Henry E. Lackey High School
Superintendent’s update to the Board
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/board member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student board member update
- Human resources update
- Overview of grading guidelines
- Project status update
- Projected enrollments for school year 2018-19
- FY 2017 Independent financial audit, Clifton Larsen Allen, LLP
- Proposed 2018 legislative positions
- Commissioner recognition
- Kirwan Commission update
New business and Future agenda items
- New business
- Joint Board of Education/College of Southern Maryland meeting agenda items
- Open Meetings Act designation
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolutions – American Education Week and American Freedom Week
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- FY 2018 Comprehensive Maintenance Plan
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,500 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Marvin L. Jones, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.