Charles County Public Schools hosted its 2017 Middle School Archery Tournament on Dec. 1 at Milton M. Somers Middle School. More than 100 students from all eight Charles County public middle schools participated in the event. Participants were divided by grade level into boy and girl teams.
Overall boy and girl winners were chosen at each grade level. They are:
- Emily Shuff, sixth grade, Somers, 156 points;
- Teagen Bullock, sixth grade, Theodore G. Davis Middle School, 153 points;
- Mia Clark, seventh grade, Somers, 162 points;
- Brandon Paschal, seventh grade, Somers, 138 points;
- Lauryn Rice, eighth grade, Davis, 135 points; and
- Chet Bowling, eighth grade, Piccowaxen Middle School, 138 points.
Team winners also are chosen at each grade level. The following teams earned first, second or third place.
- Somers, first place, 252 points;
- Piccowaxen, second place, 173 points; and
- Davis, third place, 153 points.
- Somers, first place, 272 points;
- Davis, second place, 255 points; and
- Piccowaxen, third place, 248 points.
- Davis, first place, 207 points;
- Somers, second place, 182 points; and
- John Hanson Middle School, third place, 177 points.
- Piccowaxen, first place, 231 points;
- Somers, second place, 195 points; and
- Mattawoman Middle School, third place, 194 points.
- Piccowaxen, first place, 212 points;
- Davis, second place, 202 points; and
- Hanson, third place, 192 points.
- Somers, first place, 243 points;
- Piccowaxen, second place, 238 points; and
- Davis, third place, 214 points.
Charles County Public Schools has hosted an archery tournament for middle school students for the past 46 years.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,900 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial M. Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.