Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) students from North Point High School and Robert D. Stethem Educational Center participated in the state Skills USA Maryland state championship held on April 1-2. Each year, the state championship showcases more than 1,000 Maryland Career and Technology Education (CTE) students who compete in over 90 skilled, occupationally related and leadership events. The first-place winners qualify to represent Maryland at the National SkillsUSA Leadership and Skills Conference (NLSC) set for June 20-25 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Below is a list of students from North Point that placed at the state championship.
- Arielle Bruce, senior, gold medal.
- Alena Gray, senior, bronze medal.
- Andrew Bethea, junior, bronze medal.
Automotive: Light Maintenance Repair
- Christopher Blackwell, sophomore, gold medal.
Career Pathways Showcase - Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Isys Crew, freshman, silver medal.
- Israel Lee, freshman, silver medal.
- Clarissa Velasco, freshman, silver medal.
- Gabriel Alleyne, senior, gold medal.
- Steven Tran, senior, bronze medal.
Early Childhood Education
- Lauryn Simpson, junior, bronze medal.
Electrical Wiring Construction
- Victor Pena, junior, silver medal.
Power Equipment Technology
- Brandon Gordon, sophomore, gold medal.
Promotional Bulletin Board
Team A, bronze medal:
- Hudson Garrett, freshman;
- Timothy Martinez, freshman; and
- Jeremiah Seger, sophomore.
Team B, gold medal:
- Sophia Carpentier, senior;
- Ishaan Chada, senior;
- Blythe McCammon, senior;
- Kelsey Njembu, senior;
- James Olmsted, junior;
- Nehemiah Strawberry, senior;
- Yusra Umer, senior; and
- Liliana Gordon, senior.
Below is a list of students from Stethem that placed at the state championship.
- Chloe Bautista, junior, silver medal.
Pharmacy Technician: Basic Health Skills
- Mannie Kaur, junior, bronze medal.
- Diamond Venson, bronze medal.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial M. Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.
CCPS provides nondiscriminatory equal access to school facilities in accordance with its Use of Facilities rules to designated youth groups (including, but not limited to, the Boy Scouts).