Skip To Main Content
State Requirements for Reopening Schools
- Have their recovery plans posted on their websites?
- Address equity in all components of the plan.
- Consult with a wide variety of stakeholders when developing the plan and ensure that the plans are understandable and updated every six months.
- Create a diagnostic assessment plan of all students to identify and address gaps in learning.
- Provide instruction using Maryland College and Career Readiness Standards and ensure continuity of services.
- Follow Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Action (Section 504) and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Implement health and safety strategies.
- Incorporate and follow MSDE, state and federal safety protocols for food service, daily cleanings and other school operations.
- Establish protocols for the safe transportation of students to and from school.
- Develop an attendance tracking system for students who are engaged in virtual learning.
- Continue to implement a communications plan to reach its stakeholders.
- Implement the Maryland Public Secondary School Athletic Association athletic program