Maryland Teaching Certificate
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has released The Educator Application and Certification Hub (TEACH). TEACH has replaced the previous application system, which was disabled April 20, 2022.
Applications for teaching positions with Charles County Public Schools must be completed online through the CCPS website using Applitrack (CCPS Employment Application)
If you become employed as a teacher with Charles County Public Schools, your Certification Specialist will work with you to secure a Maryland Teaching Certificate.
If you are not employed by a Local Education Agency, to obtain a Maryland Teaching Certificate, you must work directly with the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Complete the online application for a Maryland Teaching Certificate at The Educator Application and Certification Hub (TEACH):
Send the following documents to the HR Generalist:
- Sealed Official Transcripts from all colleges attended or;
- Electronic Official Transcripts sent directly from the college
- Copy of all out-of-state Test Scores or;
- Maryland Praxis I or;
- SAT scores prior to April 1995, of 1000 or above or;
- SAT scores after April 1995, of 1100 or above or;
- ACT scores of 24 or above or;
- GRE scores prior to September 1, 2011, of 1000 or;
- GRE scores after September 1, 2011, of 297 and;
- Maryland Praxis II content and pedagogy test scores
- Copy of any out-of-state teaching certificates you currently hold or have held
- Verification of previous teaching experience