Charles County Scholarship Fund
The Charles County Scholarship Fund Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships to Charles County high school seniors. The following county groups – the Charles County Commissioners, Charles County Public Schools (CCPS), the College of Southern Maryland and the Charles County Chamber of Commerce – are always represented on the Scholarship Fund Board. All other members of the Board are selected from the community at large.
How To Apply
Please have the following documents ready to UPLOAD when you apply. The application will open on Monday, January 9, 2023, and will close at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
- Academic Letter of Recommendation – The letter of recommendation must be from a teacher, school counselor or other school administrator.
- Personal Letter of Recommendation – Must be from someone who knows you well. (Not a parent or other family member)
- Personal Statement Essay – Your essay is a statement regarding your academic and career objectives, goals, and aspirations. Your student statement is very important, and the Scholarship Committee relies heavily on this statement. Please include the following: What are your educational and career goals? Why have you chosen these goals? How do you envision making a contribution to your community after you complete your education? What impact on your community do you hope to achieve once you graduate from college?
- Resume – The resume must include: 1. Work Experience 2. Extracurricular activities 3. Community Service activities during high school 4. Leadership positions and 5. School and Community honors and awards.
- If you want to be considered for need-based scholarships, you will need to provide a copy of your 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR). (Confirmation page will be available to you once you complete the FAFSA). All information supplied will be treated as confidential.
Federal Student Aid (fafsA) form
- All scholarship applications must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. on March 1, 2023.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Seniors should see their school counselor or their school’s College and Career Advisor if they have any questions/concerns.
College and Career Advisors
- Please ensure you have all required documents ready to upload to the application prior to starting to complete the form.
Scholarships Available for Charles County Students
- Merit Scholarships
- Merit and Financial Need Scholarships
- Henry E. Lackey High School – Graduating Seniors Only
- La Plata High School – Graduating Seniors Only
- Maurice J. McDonough High School – Graduating Seniors Only
- North Point High School – Graduating Seniors Only
- Thomas Stone High School – Graduating Seniors Only
- Westlake High School – Graduating Seniors Only
Merit and Financial Need Scholarships
Henry E. Lackey High School – Graduating Seniors Only
La Plata High School – Graduating Seniors Only
Maurice J. McDonough High School – Graduating Seniors Only
North Point High School – Graduating Seniors Only
Thomas Stone High School – Graduating Seniors Only
Westlake High School – Graduating Seniors Only
|Supervising School Counselor|
Charles County Scholarship Fund, Inc.
5980 Radio Station Road
P.O. Box 2770
La Plata, Maryland 20646