In addition to pursuing the high school diploma, students may wish to participate in the CCPS Scholars Course of Study. Within the 23 credits required for graduation, students enrolled in high school for 4 years must:
(a) Earn 18 advanced credits which must include:
- 4 English (Honors, Advanced Placement)
- 3 Lab Sciences (Honors, Advanced Placement)
- 3 Social Studies (Honors, Advanced Placement)
- 4 Mathematics—taken in grades 9 through 12 (at least 3 must be Honors or Advanced Placement)
- 3 World Languages—at least two in the same language (Credit can be awarded based on successful completion of designated high school level World Language courses taken during middle school.)
- 1 additional advanced course (Honors, Advanced Placement)
(b) Achieve a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.5 (weighted)
Students who complete the academically rigorous CCPS Scholars Course of Study are formally recognized in the following ways:
(1) Statement on report card and final transcript;
(2) Medallion at graduation ceremony; and
(3) Recognition in graduation program and senior awards night.
More information about the CCPS Scholars Course of Study is available through school counseling offices.