- Provide and maintain facilities that offer clean, healthy, and safe learning and working environments for our students, staff and community.
- Provide safe, efficient and economical transportation services to the students of Charles County.
The Assistant Superintendent of Supporting Services oversees the collaborative efforts of the Maintenance, Operations, Planning & Construction, and Transportation Offices.
- Contribute to our school system's instructional effectiveness and financial well-being.
- Improve the cleanliness and safety of our facilities.
- Reduce the operational and life-cycle costs of our buildings.
- Help staff identify facilities priorities proactively rather than reactively.
- Extend the useful life of our buildings.
- Increase energy efficiency and thereby help the environment.
Supervisor of Maintenance
5965 Radio Station Road
La Plata, MD 20646
Athletic Fields and Grounds
2nd Shift Maintenance
- Maintain and clean our facilities to improve student and employee attendance and daily performance.
- Provide technical support and training to school-based staff to increase productivity and job effectiveness.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products in our facilities.
- Provide additional support to school-based staff as needed.
Supervisor of Operations
Field Service Foremen
Operations staff also includes Technicians, Building Service Managers, Assistant Managers and Building Service Workers who are assigned to every school, center and administrative building.
5985 Radio Station Road
La Plata, MD 20646
Green Product Cleaning Supplies
CCPS is committed to the implementation of cleaning processes and supplies that protect children and adult health without harming the environment. We utilize environmentally sensitive cleaning products that meet the certification requirements of an established and nationally recognized independent third-party entity as required by Maryland House Bill 1019.
Manage the planning, design and construction process to provide educational facilities and existing school improvements that support the educational programs of Charles County Public Schools. Planning and Construction strive to achieve designs that maximize the use of our buildings, follow sound design principles, reduce environmental footprints, provide energy efficient buildings and accommodate the needs of the community. Other key responsibilities include:
- Development of the Educational Facilities Masterplan (EFMP).
- Development of the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for the state and local governments.
- Manage new construction projects.
- Manage design contracts for construction projects.
- Coordinate site acquisitions, analysis, and approvals for new school sites.
- Assist in the coordination of boundary realignments for redistricting.
Director of Planning & Construction
Supervisor of Planning & Construction
Planning & Construction Assistant
We are committed to the safety and well-being of all of our students, staff and community members. The safety of our school children is a constant concern of our department. Our main priority is to ensure that your child has a positive experience when starting their school day and a safe and timely ride home to their family each evening. Transporting your child to and from school is a job we take very seriously.
Our goal is to provide safe, efficient and timely service to your child. Buses are operated and maintained by contracted services and inspected by trained mechanical technicians in order to prevent hazards. Personnel contracted as school bus drivers and attendants undergo continuous instruction and training concerning the safe operation of a school bus. Charles County Public Schools Transportation Department strives to maintain the highest standards in school bus safety.
Director of Transportation
Secretary to the Director