Parents and Families
Family Resource Center
Parent and families play an important role in their child's education as well as prepare them for academic achievement and lifelong learning. Schools, families, and the community must be actively involved in developing strong programs and policies that support the academic success of every student. On this page, you will find various resources to help you with your child's education and beyond!
Title I Programs to Support Families
- Barbershop Books: Child-friendly bookshelves in local barbershops to encourage students to read while outside of school. See the flyer for a list of participating barbershops.
- DADvisory Council: Increasing the engagement of fathers and father-figures in our schools.
- The Parent Institute: Monthly newsletters and daily web content in English and Spanish.
- Summer Backpack Program: Title I students will receive a backpack filled with materials to keep them learning during the summer. Backpacks will be distributed at your child’s school in May/June.
- Mentoring Programs offered through Beyond the Classroom, Inc. and Stella’s Girls, Inc.
- Interpretation services and document translation.
District Level Family Engagement Plan SY 2023-24
The Title I District Level Family Engagement Plan outlines the strategies that will be used to promote an equal partnership between the school and home. Please review the Plan to learn how the Office of Title I is supporting families. Your feedback is always welcome!