Safety and Risk Management
Office of Safety and Risk Management establishes and implements programs continuously promulgating every reasonable precaution and/or measure to provide a safe environment that is conducive to the educational process.
- Provides direction to insure continuous improvement and compliance to all divisions and departments of the school system.
- Establishes and implements on-site reviews, inspections, evaluations and loss control programs.
- Reviews insurance and investigates accidents and liability cases.
- Responsible for mandating water and waste water operations.
- Develops state mandated reports and files. Establishes and implements budgeting and financial management systems consistent with program objectives.
- Conduct inspections of all school facilities for compliance with safe operational practices and requirements, review accident and incident reports for remedial actions.
- Maintains and applies school system disaster and emergency plans and operations in coordination with other county and state agencies.
- Provides leadership and direction on all Workmen’s Compensations, general, property and auto liability insurance.
- Serves as the alternate trustee on the Maryland Association Boards of Education (MABE) group insurance pool for liability and worker’s compensation fund.
- Maintains database for MVA flagging records and works closely with Transportation Department on flagging process.
- Maintains emergency access lists, school emergency plans, water & well records, and fire drill reports.
- Completes multiple Maryland State and Federal reports for Safety and Risk Management, insurance and regulation compliance.
Safety & Risk Responsiblities
- Drinking Water – Operator Superintendent EPA/MDE Compliance
- Onsite Sewage Operator Superintendent EPA/MDE Compliance
- Animal Control
- Integrated Pest Management
- Underground Storage Tanks Oil Control Indoor Air Quality
- CCPS Designated Person to Emergency Operations
- Mass Care Facility Manager – Shelter Management
- Disaster Pharmaceutical Distribution
- Disaster Response
- ADA Compliance
- Fire Safety & Compliance
- Boiler High Pressure Vessel
- OSHA Compliance
- Bleacher & Elevated Structure Compliance
- Property Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Auto Liability
- Workmen’s Compensation
- Student Accidents
- Accident Investigation
- Maryland Assc. of Boards of Education
Alternate Trustee/ Risk Manager Law Suit Investigations
- CCPS Auto Driver Monitoring Program
- Employee Training
- Contractual Review