|September 10, 2018
* Call the CCPS 24-hour information line at 301-934-7410 or 301-932-6656.
* Check your email. We will send an email through School Messenger. If you do not receive email notifications, please provide your email address to your child’s school. Parents can also opt in to receive text messages by texting YES or Y to 67587. Text STOP to 67587 at any time to stop receiving text message alerts from CCPS. Standard text message rates by cell phone carriers apply. * Check the CCPS web site, www.ccboe.com. Any emergency closings or delays are displayed prominently at the top of the page.
* Receive inclement weather and emergency closing announcements on Facebook (Charles County Board of Education), Twitter (@ccps) or Instagram (focusonccps).
* Sign up to receive CCPS press releases through instant email notification.
* Subscribe to Charles County’s Citizen Notification System (CNS), which uses email and texting services to notify subscribers of emergencies. There is a link to CNS at the bottom of the ccboe.com website. The direct link is http://www.charlescountymd.gov/CNS.
* Watch or listen to local radio and television news. CCPS staff notifies area media, including radio, television and newspapers, of all changes to the school system’s schedule. However, CCPS cannot control how quickly or when or if the information is announced.
We usually do not use our call-out system to announce early morning closings or delays; however, in the event of a widespread power outage, CCPS may send out a mass phone call announcing the decision.