The 2018 Charles County Fair Guide cover will feature the artwork of a Maurice J. McDonough High School rising sophomore.
Haley Lindsay, a student of Susan Stazetski, submitted a drawing featuring a cow in the foreground, with a midway and Ferris wheel in the background. Along with her work front and center on the guide distributed throughout the county, Lindsay will receive $100 and Stazetski will get $200 to use toward the purchase of classroom supplies. The cover contest finalists from each grade will receive $50.
The finalists include:
- Zachary Strybing, kindergarten, Dr. Thomas L. Higdon Elementary School, student of Laura Kelly
- Hunter Buchanan, first grade, T.C. Martin Elementary School, student of Susan Belmore
- Cyniah Newman, second grade, William B. Wade Elementary School, student of John Haldeman
- Anna-Victoria De Souza, third grade, C. Paul Barnhart Elementary School, student of Katherine Previch-Liu
- Tabitha Greer, fourth grade, Martin, student of Belmore
- Haley Gandee, fifth grade, Higdon, student of Kelly
- Olivia Wendell, sixth grade, Piccowaxen Middle School, student of Gayle Kraus
- Brooklyn Exum, seventh grade, Piccowaxen, student of Kraus
- Lauren Anderson, eighth grade, Piccowaxen, student of Kraus
- Haley Lindsay, freshman, Maurice J. McDonough High School, student of Susan Stazetski
- Emily Edwards, sophomore, McDonough, student of Stazetski
- Shara Lei Balancio, junior, North Point High School, student of Theresa Alo
- Angelica Caaya, senior, North Point, student of Alo.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,900 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial M. Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.