The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, April 9 at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and student and staff recognition starts at 4:30 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12 and is rebroadcast throughout the week.
Board meetings are streamed live on the school system website at ccboe.com. Select the live stream image displayed in the center of the home page to launch the meeting. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 11:15 a.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, Thomas Stone High School
Recognition of student state winners
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student Board Member update
- Testing overview
- New textbooks: Curriculum for Agricultural Sciences (CASE) and Teacher Academy of Maryland (TAM) programs, and business textbooks
- Project status update
- Maurice J. McDonough High School phase 1 renovation plans
- Intercategory budget change
- Legislative update
- Support staff Town Hall date – April 29
- Community Town Hall date
- Be the Difference Award recognition ceremony date – June 10
New business and future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolutions: Teacher Appreciation Week; Administrative Professionals Week; Child Nutrition Employee Appreciation Week; and National Physical Education and Sport Week
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- Grading policy
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,108 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.