The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, August 12, at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 12 p.m. and Public Forum is at 3:30 p.m. All Board meetings are televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12, and rebroadcast throughout the week. Viewing schedules are available on the Charles County Public Schools website at www.ccboe.com.
Executive Session – 10 a.m.
Call to order – 12 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student Board Member update
- Athletic eligibility GPA for 2015-16 school year
- Summer meals program
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program update
- CCPS on the Go update
- CIP update
- Lifelong Learning Center update
- FY 2015 CIP state and local CIP program
- Summer overview
- Policy 5161.1
- Recurring resolutions: American Education Week; American Freedom Week; African-American History Month; Gifted and Talented Education Month; Career and Technology Education Month; National School Counseling Week; Read Across America; Women’s History Month; Fine and Performing Arts Month; Month of the Young Child; National Student Leadership Week; Teacher Appreciation Week; Administrative Professionals Week; Child Nutrition Employee Appreciation Week; National Physical Education and Sport Week; Washington Post Distinguished Educational Leader; Charles County Teacher of the Year; Employee’s Retirement; and Washington Post Agnes Meyer Outstanding Teacher Award.
New business and future agenda items
- New business
– Part-time daily and hourly wage rate
- Future agenda items
Public Forum – 3:30 p.m.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,500 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 35 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Pamela K. Murphy, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.