The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, Feb. 10, at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and student and staff recognition starts at 4:30 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12 and is rebroadcast throughout the week. Board meetings are also streamed live on the school system website at www.ccboe.com. Select CCPS TV and then choose the Live Broadcast tab. The following is a tentative meeting agenda.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, Thomas Stone High School JROTC
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student Board Member update
- System goals
- 2015-16 Code of Student Conduct
- CIP update
- Overview of transportation department
- CCPS maintenance presentation
- Flipped classroom demonstration
- Legislative update
- Teacher separation update
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolutions: Read Across Charles County; Women’s History Month; and Fine and Performing Arts Month
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- Superintendent’s proposed FY 2016 operating budget
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,500 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Pamela K. Murphy, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.