The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, Feb. 12 at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and student and staff recognition starts at 4:30 p.m. The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12 and is rebroadcast throughout the week.
Board meetings are streamed live on the school system website at www.ccboe.com. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 11:30 a.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, Henry E. Lackey High School
Recognition of student state winners
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
- Student Board Member update
- Significant disproportionality in special education
- Projects update
- FY 2020 operating budget
- Legislative update
- Grading policy #5132.2
- Retreat – March 11
- Town Hall – March 25, 4:15 to 5:45 p.m., work session, 6 p.m. (retreat discussion)
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- March for Our Schools
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- James E. Richmond Leadership Award – recipient, Marvin Jones, executive director, school administration
- Resolutions: Read Across Charles County; Women’s History Month; and Fine and Performing Arts Month.
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- Textbooks: “Therapeutic Exercises: Foundations and Techniques” and “Muscles: Testing and Function with Posture and Pain”
- FY2020 proposed operating budget
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,108 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial M. Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.