The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, Jan. 13, at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. and student and staff recognition starts at 4:30 p.m.
The meeting is televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12, and is rebroadcast throughout the week. Board meetings are also streamed live on the school system website www.ccboe.com. Select CCPS TV and then choose the Live Broadcast tab. The following is a tentative meeting agenda.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, North Point High School JROTC
Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman
Reports of officers/board/committees
- Correspondence/Board member updates
- Education Association of Charles County (EACC) update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) update
- Student Board member update
- CIP update
- 2015 testing update
- Proposed FY2016 operating budget
- Legislative update
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolutions: African-American History Month; Career and Technology Education Month; National School Counseling Week; and Gifted and Talented Education Month
- Educator of the Year Award presented by the Arc of Southern Maryland, to Larry Johnson, instructional specialist at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building.
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
- New textbooks: Microsoft Office 2013
Public hearing on proposed FY2016 operating budget
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,500 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Pamela K. Murphy, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.