The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, March 10 at the Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building in La Plata. The public portion of the meeting begins at 1 p.m. Student and staff recognition starts at 4:30 p.m., followed by public forum at 6 p.m.
The meeting is streamed live to the CCPS website, ccboe.com. Board meetings are also televised live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12. The following is a meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance, North Point High School
Recognition of students for state accomplishments
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Education Association of Charles County (EACC) update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) update
- Student Board Member update
- Overview of math instruction
- Project status update
- Use of CCPS facilities
- Legislative update
- Policy series 8000 and 9000
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Committee for review of Rule #5126
- Teacher Town Hall scheduled for April 27, 4:15 to 5:45 p.m.
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- James E. Richmond Leadership in Excellence Award: Joan Withers, director of instructional programs
- Resolutions: Month of the Young Child and National Student Leadership Week
Public Forum – 6 p.m.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,521 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.