The Board of Education’s next monthly meeting is Tuesday, June 9 via teleconference. There is no public access to the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building on Radio Station Road in La Plata; however, the meeting will stream live on the Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) website, www.ccboe.com and air live on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon FiOS Channel 12. CCPS will rebroadcast the meeting as well as post it on CCPSTV under the Board meeting tab at ccboe.com.
Executive session begins at 11:30 a.m., and the public portion of the meeting starts at 1 p.m. Agenda items have been condensed to include updates and issues that require Board attention at this time. Although the Board is unable to make public forum live, it is encouraging the public to email questions and comments to email@example.com. Comments should be limited to 250 words. Board members will read all comments as well as post them on ccboe.com. There will be no recognitions during this meeting.
Board meetings are streamed live on the school system website at ccboe.com. Select the live stream image displayed in the center of the home page. The following is a tentative meeting agenda and is subject to change.
Executive session – 11:30 a.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Swearing in of new Student Board Member – Ian Herd, La Plata High School
Superintendent’s update to the Board
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Correspondence/Board member updates
- Education Association of Charles County update: Linda McLaughlin, president
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update: Sarah Burch, president
- Student Board member update
- Summer school: Amy Hollstein, deputy superintendent
- Re-opening of schools: Jason Stoddard, director of school safety and security
- Project status update: Michael Heim, assistant superintendent of supporting services
- Educational Facilities Master Plan questions: Michael Heim
- CARES Act funding plan: Charmaine Thompson, chief of instructional technology, and Sherri Fisher Davis, budget manager
- State Board actions: Eric Schwartz, staff attorney
New Business and Future Agenda Items
- New Business
- FY2021 tuition rates
- Daily/hourly wage rates
- Continuation of suspension of Board policies
- Suspension of Board policy 8160
Future Agenda Items
Public Forum – email written comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Educational Facilities Master Plan
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,521 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.