The Board of Education’s next regular meeting is 1 p.m. on Tuesday, May 11. The Board will meet in person at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building. The Starkey Building is located at 5980 Radio Station Road in La Plata. The meeting will stream live on the Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) website, www.ccboe.com. CCPS also will post the meeting on CCPSTV under the Board meeting menu at ccboe.com.
Public forum for this meeting will be held in a hybrid format of both in-person and virtual speakers. Speakers must register in advance to participate in public forum. The registration form is available here. Deadline to register is 12 p.m., Monday, May 10. Late registrations will not be accepted. Registered speakers will receive additional information by email.
The following is a tentative meeting agenda and subject to change.
Executive session – 12 p.m.
Call to order – 1 p.m.
Recognition of 2020-21 Student Liaisons
Recognition of Pupil Personnel Worker Week Proclamation
Superintendent’s update to the Board
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Board Member correspondence
- Education Association of Charles County (EACC) update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) update
- Student Board Member update
- Reopening of schools fall 2021
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs
- Budget update
- Educational Facilities Master Plan
- District Committee on Assessment update
- 2022-2023 calendar
- Legislative update
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Suspension of Board policies
- Future agenda items
Virtual recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Resolution: Washington Post Principal of the Year Awards Program: recipient, Debra Calvert, principal, William A. Diggs Elementary School
- James E. Richmond Leadership Award – recipient, Katie O’Malley-Simpson, director, communications
- Food Nutrition Services staff recognition
Public forum – 6 p.m.
- Preregistered speakers only
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event. CCPS provides nondiscriminatory equal access to school facilities in accordance with its Use of Facilities rules to designated youth groups (including, but not limited to, the Boy Scouts).