Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) has canceled several events due to the school closure in effect from March 16 to March 27. The following is a list of canceled events during the closure. Announcements of any make up activities or rescheduled events, as well as any newly canceled events, will be made as determined.
- March 26-27, Mathematics, Engineering and Science Achievement (MESA) events at North Point (state and national competitions canceled by MD MESA organization);
- March 26-28, Henry E. Lackey High School spring production;
- March 27-29, St. Charles High School spring production;
- March 27, Communication Action Meeting at Starkey;
- March 28, SAT at Westlake;
- March 28, Westlake Prom (tentative April 25 reschedule date);
- March 28, CCPS Special Education Parent Conference at St. Charles;
- March 28, Destination Imagination (DI) state competition at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County;
- March 30-April 9, Mock HSA exams
- March 31-April 8, all All-County Band, Chorus, Orchestra rehearsals and concerts;
- April 2-4, Westlake spring production;
- April 2-4, Thomas Stone High School spring production;
- April 3, Equity and Diversity Committee meeting;
- April 4, McDonough prom;
- April 4, LEGO Robotics event at the College of Southern Maryland (CSM);
- April 4, ACT exam (rescheduled to June 13)
- April 4, Elementary Math Challenge;
- April 15, Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee meeting;
- April 16-18, McDonough spring production;
- April 16-18, La Plata High School spring production;
- April 18, St. Charles High School prom;
- April 23, Reading Partner Luncheon;
- April 23-25, Westlake spring production;
- April 23, student mental health fair at St. Charles High School; and
- May 2, SAT at Westlake.
CCPS posts the most up-to-date information on its website, ccboe.com. Visit https://www.ccboe.com/index.php/coronavirus-information for the latest information.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,521 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.