Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) has canceled several events due to the school closure in effect from March 16 through May 15. The following is a list of canceled events during the closure. Announcements of any make up activities or rescheduled events, as well as any newly canceled events, will be made as determined.
- Middle school track meets;
- Parent Advisory Committee meeting, April 30;
- CCASC meeting, May 1;
- May 2, SAT at Westlake;
- Prom for Henry E. Lackey High School students, May 2;
- AVID senior celebration, May 7;
- Title I DADvisory Council meeting, May 7;
- Prom for Thomas Stone High School students, May 9;
- Advanced Placement (AP) exams schedulef for May 4-15 – exams now available online at https://www.collegeboard.org/; and
- ESOL Community Night, May 13.
CCPS posts the most up-to-date information on its website, ccboe.com. Visit https://www.ccboe.com/index.php/coronavirus-information for the latest information.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,521 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.