Christine Wang, a freshman at La Plata High School, is the overall winner of the 2015 Charles County Fair art contest. Her artwork will be displayed as the cover of the upcoming Charles County Fair Guide. She was chosen last month as this year’s winner by the Charles County Fair Board and Charles County Public Schools.
The following students were also named overall winners at their grade level in the art contest for their artwork produced during the 2014-15 school year.
- Emilee Belmore, kindergarten, St. Mary’s Bryantown;
- Alison Miller, first grade, T.C. Martin Elementary School;
- Tabitha Greer, second grade, Martin;
- Daisy Rojas, third grade, Walter J. Mitchell Elementary School;
- Peyton Lauterborn, fourth grade, Martin;
- Corrine Mahaffey, fifth grade, Martin;
- Samira Stringer, sixth grade, Somers;
- Christina Walker, seventh grade, Somers;
- Quinn Duffy, eighth grade, Somers;
- Erika Bowman, sophomore, St. Charles High School;
- Cole Carpenter, junior, North Point High School;
- Eve Moten, senior, North Point; and
- Nathaniel Weavill, 2015 North Point graduate.
The 2015 Charles County Fair is Sept. 17-20 at the fairgrounds located in La Plata. For more information on the fair, visit http://www.charlescountyfair.com/.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,500 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Pamela K. Murphy, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.