Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is participating in the Lunch on Us summer meals program. Starting June 26 at several locations, children and teens ages 18 years and younger who live in Charles County are eligible for a free lunch. The program runs Monday through Friday until Aug. 18. Meals must be consumed on site and are prepared by CCPS Food Nutrition Services staff.
Lunches are served at various times and locations. A typical lunch may include a sandwich, fruit, vegetable and milk. All lunch sites will be closed on July 4.
Hot lunches are available at the following locations:
- Westlake High School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Henry E. Lackey High School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- P. Ryon Elementary School, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School, 12 to 1 p.m.
Cold bag lunches will be available at the following mobile sites:
- Eva Turner Elementary School, 11 to 11:20 a.m.;
- Children’s Aid Society, 3000 Huntington Circle, Waldorf, 11:30 to 11:50 a.m.;
- Ell Lane Apartments, 12151 Ell Lane, Waldorf, Management Office, 12:30 to 12:50 p.m.;
- Kid Stream Camp, 3825 Leonardtown Road, Waldorf, 12:30 to 12:50 p.m.;
- Idlewood Trailer Park, Waldorf, 1 to 1:20 p.m.;
- Elite Gymnastics, 2745 Old Washington Road, Waldorf, 1:30 to 1:50 p.m.;
- Milton M. Somers Middle School, 11:30 to 11:50 a.m.;
- Phoenix Run, 651 Piscataway Run, La Plata, 12 to 12:30 p.m.;
- Oak Manor Drive, Waldorf, 12:45 to 1:15 p.m.;
- Charles Landing Apartments, Jameson Court, Indian Head, playground area, 12 to 12:30 p.m.; and
- Woodland Village Park, Thompson Lane, Indian Head, 12:45 to 1:15 p.m.
Lunch on Us is provided in partnership with CCPS, Charles County Government, LifeStyles, Inc. of Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Library, Charles County Children’s Aid Society, Charles County Department of Social Services, No Kid Hungry and the Tri-County Youth Services Bureau.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,400 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Pamela K. Murphy, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.