Pimpika Hongsawadee, a 2019 graduate of Maurice J. McDonough High School, is the overall winner of the 2019 Charles County Fair art contest. Her artwork is displayed as the cover of the Charles County Fair Guide. She was chosen as this year’s winner by the Charles County Fair Board and Charles County Public Schools (CCPS).
The following students were named overall winners at their grade level in the contest for artwork produced during the 2018-19 school year.
- Avery Robinson, kindergarten winner, T.C. Martin Elementary School;
- Lillian Giles, first-grade winner, Martin;
- Scarlett Dawn Catli, second-grade winner, William B. Wade Elementary School;
- Kirra Mears, third-grade winner, Martin;
- Gabriella Grannis, fourth-grade winner, Dr. Thomas L. Higdon Elementary School;
- Fearn Castleberry, fifth-grade winner, Higdon;
- Alexandra Ellin, sixth-grade winner, Piccowaxen Middle School;
- Catherine Smith, seventh-grade winner, Mattawoman Middle School;
- Carl Benjamin, eighth-grade winner, Piccowaxen;
- Gabrielle Benton, freshman-level winner, McDonough;
- Sean Heath, sophomore-level winner, McDonough; and
- Austin Coombs, junior-level winner, McDonough.
The 2019 Charles County Fair is Sept. 12-15 at the fairgrounds located in La Plata. For more information, visit https://www.charlescountyfair.com/.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,108 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.