Charles County Public Schools is offering sports physicals this summer to student athletes. Physicals will be limited to the first 100 students and are done on a first-come, first-serve basis. The schedule is as follows:
- North Point High School, Friday, June 6, 5 – 7 p.m.;
- William B. Wade Elementary School (for Westlake High School athletes), Saturday, June 7, 9 – 11 a.m.;
- Thomas Stone High School, Thursday, June 19, 3:30 to 5 p.m.;
- Maurice J. McDonough High School, Thursday, June 19, 5 – 6 p.m.;
- Henry E. Lackey High School, Friday, June 20, 5 – 6 p.m.;
- La Plata High School, Friday, June 27, 5 – 6 p.m.;
- St. Charles High School, Saturday, June 28, 9 – 11 a.m.;
- Lackey, Thursday, Aug. 7, 5 – 6 p.m.;
- St. Charles, Saturday, Aug. 2, 9 – 11 a.m.;
- North Point, Friday, Aug. 8, 5 – 7 p.m.; and
- Westlake, Saturday, Aug. 9, 9 – 11 a.m.
The registration form is located on the Charles County Public Schools website at http://www.ccboe.com/departments/athletics/sportsphysicals.php. Forms can also be obtained from the school. The parent section of the form must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian. Fall sports begin on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
The fee is $35 and cash is the only accepted form of payment. Students will not be seen without the required forms. Call your child’s school for more information.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,400 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 35 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX Coordinator and Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Pamela Murphy, Section 504 Coordinator (employees/adults), at Charles County Public Schools, central office building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, Maryland 20646. 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.