Superintendent Kimberly Hill announced the appointment of five new principals, three principal transfers, eight vice principal appointments and 15 vice principal transfers for the 2019-20 school year.
New principal appointments include:
- Todd Wonderling from vice principal at Dr. Gustavus Brown Elementary School to principal at T.C. Martin Elementary School.
- Melinda Johnson, chief academic officer at Marion P. Thomas Charter School, to principal of J.P. Ryon Elementary School.
- Gary Lesko from vice principal at Mattawoman Middle School to principal of Eva Turner Elementary School.
- Erica Williams from vice principal at Milton M. Somers Middle School to principal of Benjamin Stoddert Middle School.
- Shanif Pearl, acting principal at Thomas Stone High School, to principal of Stone.
Principal transfers include:
- Kevin Jackson from William B. Wade Elementary to principal at Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer Elementary School.
- Nancy Seifert from Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer Elementary School to principal at Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School.
- William Miller from Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School to principal at William B. Wade Elementary School.
New vice principal appointments include:
- Bryan Hill from art teacher at Mary B. Neal Elementary School to vice principal at Berry Elementary School.
- Tiyata Winters from administrative intern at Mattawoman to vice principal at Mattawoman.
- Tawfik Adams from administrative intern at Stoddert to vice principal at Stoddert.
- Scott Lush from administrative intern at North Point High School to vice principal at North Point.
- Christine Paul from administrative intern at North Point to vice principal at Stone.
- Shay Crisp from language arts teacher at John Hanson Middle School to vice principal at Dr. Brown.
- Marquelle Peavy from administrative intern at St. Charles High School to vice principal at Stoddert.
- Dana Fenwick from administrative intern at Westlake High School to vice principal at Westlake.
Vice principal transfers include:
- Michael Hoffman from Jenifer to vice principal at Billingsley Elementary School.
- Melissa Withrow from J.P. Ryon to vice principal at William A. Diggs Elementary School.
- Robynn Mudd from J.C. Parks Elementary School to vice principal at Indian Head Elementary School.
- Leigh Ann McLaud from Diggs to vice principal at Jenifer.
- Jacqueline Couvillon from T.C. Martin to vice principal at Jenifer.
- Tara Zeier from Berry to vice principal at T.C. Martin.
- Philip Jones from Westlake to vice principal at John Hanson.
- Portia Parker from Stoddert to vice principal at Mattawoman.
- Shayna Gold from General Smallwood Middle School to vice principal at Piccowaxen Middle School.
- Jennifer Branham from Mattawoman to vice principal at Smallwood.
- Cynthia Panizzi from Westlake to vice principal at Somers.
- Matthew Loyd from Stone to vice principal at St. Charles.
- Paul Alvarez from St. Charles to vice principal at Stone.
- Erin Kaple from Piccowaxen to vice principal at Westlake.
- Philip Genua from Hanson to vice principal at Stone.
All appointments and transfers take effect July 1 for the 2019-20 school year.
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,108 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.