Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is launching a new online gradebook program this school year for parents, students and teachers to track academic progress, attendance, class and locker assignments, testing data, homework and more. The system is called YouVue and replaces the Edline gradebook as well as an aging student information system used by CCPS for nearly 40 years. YouVue includes parent access, called ParentVUE, student access, or StudentVUE, and teacher access, called TeacherVUE.
CCPS is printing account activation letters for each parent/guardian on file for all students. Parents must pick up their account activation letter from their child’s school and provide photo identification. Parents with two or more children attending CCPS schools only need to pick up one activation letter.
Most schools are holding orientation events next week. Parents can pick up their account activation letters at orientations. A list of orientation dates and times, separated by school, is posted at http://www.ccboe.com/pr/schools-plan-orientation-events-for-parents-students-2/.
Parents can also pick up activation letters at scheduled open house nights planned for the end of September and October. A list of dates and times is posted at http://www.ccboe.com/pr/open-houses-planned-for-schools-centers-2/.
In addition to orientation and open house events, some schools have set additional dates and times for parents to come and pick up their account activation letters.
- Benjamin Stoddert Middle School, at grade level parent nights, seventh grade, 6 to 8 p.m. on Aug. 29, sixth grade, 6 to 8 p.m. on Aug. 30, and eighth grade, 6 to 8 p.m. on Aug. 31
- Henry E. Lackey High School, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Sept. 1, main office
- La Plata High School, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, Sept. 1, in the main office
- Maurice J. McDonough High School, 4:30 to 6 p.m., Friday, Sept. 8 prior to start of the football game
- North Point High School, 4 to 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 1, 7, 11 and 14, poolside entrance
- St. Charles High School, 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 7, school cafeteria
- Thomas Stone High School, 1 to 3 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 31, school media center
- Westlake High School, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Sept. 1, main office
There are free apps in both the Apple and Android stores. Search for ParentVUE, StudentVUE or TeacherVUE by Edupoint Educational Systems. Parents will not be able to access any data on the app until they receive their account activation letter and set up account access.
Charles County Public Schools provides 26,400 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 36 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Patricia Vaira, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Marvin L. Jones, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, P.O. Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event.