Senior Recommendation Form


  • Complete the above form to assist your counselor in completing an excellent recommendation letter for colleges.


Work Permit


  • All children ages 14-17 must have a work permit to work in the state of Maryland
  • Log onto the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation to apply for a work permit.
  • Minors must be offered employment before applying for a work permit. 


Address Changes


  • If you have moved to a new address but it is still within the La Plata zone, you must submit the following updated information to Mrs. Bautista in order for the change to be made in our records. This will ensure that you receive report cards and other important information
  • You must complete a Change of Address Form in addition to providing two current proofs of residency for your new address
  • You can return these three pieces of information to Mrs. Bautista in person or send them in with your student 


 Homework Requests


  • If your student has been absent for three or more days, you may contact Mrs. Posey in the Counseling Office to collect work from teachers.  She can be reached at 301-934-1100 or 301-753-1754.
  • Teachers will have 24 hours to provide work to the Counseling Office
  • Parents may pick-up work from Mrs. Posey in the Counseling Office the next afternoon. You are encouraged to call ahead of time to see if work is ready for pick-up 


MVA Learner's Permit



Parent-Teacher Conferences


  • Please make sure you have checked your ParentVue account on Synergy and tried communicating directly with the teacher by email and/or phone first!
  • Be aware that each Counselor can only facilitate one conference a day so communicating directly with the teacher first may eliminate the need for you to wait for an available afternoon conference
  • If you would still like a conference after taking these steps, please contact your child’s Counselor to set up an appointment after school
  • Conferences are held from 2:15 until 2:45pm every weekday except Tuesdays and 2-hr dismissal days
  • Your student should attend the conference!


Registrations & New Enrollments


  • Contact Mrs. Posey to make an appointment at 301-934-1100 or 301-753-1754
  • Parent/guardian must show photo ID
  • You will need: 2 current proofs of residency, immunization record, birth certificate, and all academic records from previous school(s)


Transcript Requests  


  • Recent graduates and former students:  See Mrs. Posey in the Counseling Office
  • Current students:  Fill out a Transcript Request Form and see Mrs. Bautista in the Counseling Office
  • $2 per transcript
  • Please allow one week for processing of all transcript requests.
  • Current students:  If you are also requesting a letter of recommendation, allow two weeks and please be sure you have submitted your Senior Recommendation Form to your Counselor!




  • Parent/guardian must show photo ID
  • See Mrs. Posey in the Counseling Office to complete withdrawal form
  • Student must return all books prior to last say of attendance 


How Are We Doing?

The Counseling Department at La Plata High School is committed to helping students and parents/guardians successfully navigate high school life. In an effort to better serve the needs of our students and their families, we need your feedback. Please complete the following survey; all responses will be used to help us improve our services. We appreciate your time in helping us better serve the students at La Plata High School. Thank you!