- Serves as a resource and consultant to central office and school administration in the areas of current legislation, local and state policies and procedures regarding student attendance, residency, discipline, community outreach, and social/emotional health and wellbeing.
- Coordinates staff, resources, services, and professional development for the schools
- District Title IX coordinator
- District 504 coordinator
- Supervises and manages duties of Student Services Department personnel
- Manages and maintains Student Services Department budget
- Serves as the system liaison to partner agencies including the Charles County Sheriff’s Office, Maryland State Police, and the State’s Attorney’s Office, Charles County Department of Health, and the Local Management Board.
- Maintains positions on agency and school based committees including: Opioid Fatality Review Team, Local Management Board, Charles county Criminal Justice Coordinating Council, National Response Committee, Equity Review Team
Manages system responsibility for
- Bullying, Harassment, and Intimidation
- Child Abuse Programs
- Discipline, Student Code of Conduct
- Foster Care Registration
- Homeless Education Services
- Reportable Offenses
- Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support Programs.
- Student Records
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention
- Title IX
- Section 504
Secretary to the Director of Student Services