Take college courses while being enrolled in high school.
Under the College and Career Readiness and College Completion Act of 2013, Maryland public high school students can take advantage of reduced tuition by enrolling in credit-bearing courses in public colleges and universities.
Dual enrollment allows students to:
- earn transferrable college credit through the College of Southern Maryland (CSM);
- be that much closer to a college degree;
- gain college experience;
- save tuition dollars by paying 50%;
- reduce the need for remedial courses; and
- find the career path they wish to pursue.
Students must show they are College and Career Ready by having an unweighted cumulative 2.75 GPA to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program at the College of Southern Maryland.
Dual Enrollment requirements to participate in this program:
- Students must have a minimum of 14 credits at the end of Sophomore year and enroll in a full schedule during their Junior year at their high school.
- Students must have met their Algebra I and LSN Govt. assessments and SSL requirements.
- Students must show they are College and Career Ready by having a cumulative, unweighted 2.75 GPA at the end of their first semester of Sophomore year to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program at CSM.
- Sophomores next year must be enrolled in a full schedule for their junior year to participate in extracurricular & athletics activities, academic contests, school rank and commencement.
- Students must have a minimum of 20 credits at the end of junior year and must enroll in 4 or more courses, including courses needed for graduation during their senior year at their high school.
- Students must have met their Algebra I, English 10, LSN Govt. and Science assessments and SSL requirements.
- Students must show they are College and Career Ready by having a cumulative, unweighted 2.75 GPA at the end of the first semester of their Junior year to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program at CSM.
- Juniors must be enrolled in 4 high school courses or more their senior year (full-time status) to participate in extracurricular & athletics activities, academic contests, school rank and commencement.
- Students must apply to CSM by the last day of school of their Sophomore and Junior year. Click here for the Dual Enrollment Form.
- Student must enroll at CSM in a minimum of 1 full credit course by July 15 for the Fall and December 15 for the spring semester during the school year
- Students are limited to enroll in a total of 4 courses per year.
- Students shall not be eligible to receive tuition assistance from CCPS for additional courses taken beyond the 4 courses allowed.
- Students must provide a copy of CSM class schedule to high school counselor to verify enrollment for the fall and spring semester during the school year.
- Students must arrange to have a CSM transcript sent to high school counselor upon completion of each semester.
Parent/Guardian must agree to provide transportation from school when the student completes his/her last class each day.