Charles County Public Schools
Lunch on Us
June 25 – August 17, 2018
- Summer Meals Calendar
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Sugar Shock Lesson Plan
- Fruits and Veggies in Many Different Colors
Did you know …
Charles County Public Schools, in partnership with other county agencies, is offering a free summer lunch program.
Lunch on Us is a free lunch program for all children and youth ages 18 and younger who live in Charles County.
Grab a lunch
Lunches are served Monday through Friday at various times and locations. Lunches must be eaten on site. No lunch will be served on July 4.
Hot lunches will be served at the following locations:
- Westlake High School: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Henry E. Lackey High School: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- J.P. Ryon Elementary School: 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Students must take 3 components. They may take 5 components which would consist of Entree, Vegetable, Fruit and Milk
** Each day a variety of fresh fruit, salad cups, veggie cups, baby carrots, cupped fruit and juice will be available
– Cold Sandwiches will be available as an additional option to hot entree at Lackey and Westlake
– Whole wheat hamburger buns for sandwiches
– Condiments available at each cafeteria as well as Italian and Ranch Dressing Packets
Cold bag lunches will be served at the following mobile sites:
- Kid Stream Camp: 2086 Crain Highway, Waldorf:11:00 am -11:20 am
- St. Sebastian; 2050 Nike Drive, Waldorf:11:30 am-11:50 am
- Idle Wood Trailer Park; Waldorf:12:00 pm-12:20 pm
- Ell Lane Apartments: 12151 Ell Lane, Waldorf, Management Office:12:30 pm-12:50 pm
- Eva Turner Elementary School, Waldorf:1:00 pm-1:20 pm
- The Arnold House; 3444 Rockefeller Court, Waldorf: 1:30 pm-1:50 pm
- Milton M. Somers Middle School, La Plata: 11:30 a.m. -11:50 a.m.
- Phoenix Run; 651 Piscataway Run, La Plata: 12:00 p.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Oak Manor Drive; Waldorf: 12:45 p.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Metropolitan United Methodist Church; 3385 Metropolitan Church Road, Indian Head: 11:30 am-11:50 am
- Charles Landing Apartments; Jameson Court, Indian Head: playground area: 12:00 p.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Woodland Village Park; Thompson Lane, Indian Head:12:45-1:15 p.m.MSDE and USDA are equal opportunity providers
Milk, Juice, Vegetable, Bread, Meat or Meat Equivalent
** Whole wheat hamburger buns for sandwiches
** Apple or orange for whole fruit
** Fruit blend juice only
*** Veggie cup/ Salad Cup with Ranch or Italian Dressing
Napkin and straw in each bag and fork/spoon when needed
Drivers should have condiments available at each stop in bulk – mayo, mustart, Italian and Ranch Dressing
MSDE and USDA are equal opportunities providers