Charles County Public Schools
Lunch on Us
June 24 – August 16, 2019
Did you know …
Charles County Public Schools, in partnership with Charles County Advocacy Council for Children, Youth & Families, LifeStyles, Inc., Department of Social Services, No Kid Hungry, Department of Recreation, Parks and Tourism, Charles County Public Library, Children’s Aid Society, Tri-County Youth Services Bureau, Health Partners, The Arnold House, and other county agencies are offering a free summer lunch program.
Lunch on Us is a free lunch program for all children and youth ages 18 and younger who live in Charles County.
Grab a lunch
Lunches are served Monday through Friday at various times and locations. Lunches must be eaten on site. No lunch will be served on July 4.
Hot lunches will be served at the following locations:
- Henry E. Lackey High School: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- J.P. Ryon Elementary School: 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Westlake High School: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Indian Head Elementary School: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (This site will be closed from July 1 – July 12 due to building maintenance)
Students must take 3 components. They may take 5 components which would consist of Entree, Vegetable, Fruit and Milk
** Each day a variety of fresh fruit, salad cups, veggie cups, baby carrots, cupped fruit and juice will be available
– Cold Sandwiches will be available as an additional option to hot entree at Lackey and Westlake
– Whole wheat hamburger buns for sandwiches
– Condiments available at each cafeteria as well as Italian and Ranch Dressing Packets
Cold bag lunches will be served at the following mobile sites:
- PD Brown Memorial Branch Library: 50 Village Street, Waldorf: 11:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Idle Wood Trailer Park; Waldorf:12:15 pm-12:45 pm
- Ell Lane Apartments: 12151 Ell Lane, Waldorf, Management Office: 1:00 pm-1:30 pm
- Milton M. Somers Middle School, La Plata: 11:30 a.m. -11:50 a.m.
- Phoenix Run; 651 Piscataway Run, La Plata: 12:00 p.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Oak Manor Drive; Waldorf: 12:45 p.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Metropolitan United Methodist Church; 3385 Metropolitan Church Road, Indian Head: 11:30 am-11:50 am
- Charles Landing Apartments; Jameson Court, Indian Head: playground area: 12:00 p.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Woodland Village Park; Thompson Lane, Indian Head:12:45-1:15 p.m.
Milk, Juice, Vegetable, Bread, Meat or Meat Equivalent
** Whole wheat hamburger buns for sandwiches
** Apple or orange for whole fruit
** Fruit blend juice only
*** Veggie cup/ Salad Cup with Ranch or Italian Dressing
Napkin and straw in each bag and fork/spoon when needed
Drivers should have condiments available at each stop in bulk – mayo, mustart, Italian and Ranch Dressing
MSDE and USDA are equal opportunities providers