CCPS Telework Pilot Program
Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is piloting a telework option to eligible employees for the 2022-2023 school year. The pilot began Aug. 22, 2022, and ends June 30, 2023. Office of Human Resources staff worked with representatives from both the Education Association of Charles County (EACC) and American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) to explore telework options, identify CCPS staff eligible and develop program guidelines.
The Office of Human Resources is overseeing the program for CCPS and hosted staff trainings in August 2022. All employees interested in applying to telework should review the training videos posted below.
A list of eligible CCPS positions that fall under either the EACC or AFSMCE negotiated agreement is linked below. Click on the Eligible Positions drop-down menu. The following is important information about the pilot telework program.
Superintendent of Schools Maria Navarro, Ed.D., has approved three types of telework arrangements for staff as part of the pilot program.
- Recurrent telework: telework which occurs on a regular, recurring basis at an alternate worksite (eligibility limited to some positions at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building).
- Intermittent telework: employee works regularly from their primary work site, but would telework for limited periods of time based on specific circumstances or job responsibilities that could be accommodated by teleworking.
- Situational telework: telework for an employee that is approved on a case-by-case basis, or that is not part of a regular telework schedule.
Eligible employees are required to agree to follow all telework guidelines and complete an electronic request form for manager/supervisor review. Employees requesting telework will receive an email notification of their telework approval or denial. Approval or denial of any employee telework is at the discretion of their manager/supervisor and department chief. A manager/supervisor has the right to regularly review an employee’s telework agreement. The application is linked below.
- Guidelines for Teleworking Pilot
- Telework FAQs
- Eligible Positions
- CCPS Safety Checklist
- Telework Presentation
- Telework Presentation Video
- Telework Training - Managers/Supervisors (Video)
Guidelines for Teleworking Pilot
CCPS Safety Checklist
Telework Presentation Video
Telework Training - Managers/Supervisors (Video)
Fill out the form indicating who your direct supervisor is, what department you work under and what type of telework you are requesting. You can also add any comments in comments box. Once the application is submitted you will get a confirmation email confirming the submission. You will also receive and email to let you know whether the application was approved or not approved.
Types of telework:
- Recurrent - (limited to Starkey staff)
- Intermittent - teleworking for a specified timeframe
- Situational - not a part of a regular telework schedule and requested based on a specific situation
When a person who works under you submits an application, you will get a message through teams asking you to approve the request. You can click on approve or reject to indicate your decision. There is also a comments box. Any comments you type will be relayed back to the applicant. As a direct supervisor, any comments you type will be relayed to the department head when it is time for them to approve or not approve the application.