Tuition Rates for Staff Children
The Board of Education on June 8 approved tuition rates for the 2021-2022 school year. CCPS annually sets these rates for admitted students who are not Charles County residents. The school system waived 2020-21 school year tuition rates for CCPS employees who live out-of-county and out-of-state due to COVID-19.
Starting with the coming school year, some CCPS staff will now be required to pay tuition to enroll their child if they live out-of-county or out-of-state. CCPS provides tuition discounts to eligible staff. The following rates apply:
- Full-time CCPS employee hired before Jan. 1, 2013, who lives in Maryland.
- In-state tuition is free.
- Full-time CCPS employee hired before Jan. 1, 2013, who lives outside of Maryland.
- Parent must pay the foundation per pupil (student) amount of $4,470 for the year.
- Full-time CCPS employee hired after Jan. 1, 2013, who lives in Maryland.
- Parent pays half of the in-state tuition cost ($4,490).
- Full-time CCPS employee hired after Jan. 1, 2013, who lives outside of Maryland.
- Parent pays half of in-state tuition cost and the foundation per pupil fee. Total cost is $8,980 for the year.
- Part-time staff member/staff member not eligible for benefits: there is no reduced tuition benefit.
Additional fees may apply for students who receive special services under IDEA or Section 504. Staff with questions about discounted tuition rates should contact the department of student services at 301-934-7326.