Student Page Program
Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is accepting applications from high school seniors interested in participating in the Maryland General Assembly Student Page Program. Each year, CCPS selects three high school seniors and one alternate to represent the school system in the program.
Student Pages spend two nonconsecutive weeks working in either the state Senate or House of Delegates during the legislative session in Annapolis. The session runs annually from January to April. Pages serve one week during the first eight weeks of the session, and the second week during the last five weeks.
Interested students must meet the following qualifications:
- Reside in Maryland and attend a Maryland public or non-public high school.
- Be registered as a high school senior and be at least 16 years old.
- Have an interest in government and history.
- Demonstrate outstanding classroom performance, behavior and judgement.
- Be reliable and courteous.
- Must have permission from a parent or guardian, and their signature to attend.
Students must apply for program consideration by completing an official application, and an essay explaining their interest and qualifications for the program. These forms can be obtained from the county coordinator by email at email@example.com or by phone at 301-934-7389.
Student Page Application Essay
Both of these completed documents must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 28.
A panel of CCPS staff will review applications and essays, and hold interviews for the program. Candidates will receive further information about their interviews after all applications and essays have been received by the deadline.