Material Distribution Request
On behalf of the Chief of Schools, the Office of School Administration and Leadership reviews requests to distribute materials through students in Charles County Public Schools. For consideration, an organization or person requesting distribution must be classified in one of the following non-profit tax categories:
- 501(c)3 – Refers to the IRS Tax Code and the designation it grants to operate as a non-profit corporation and accept contributions from the public without paying taxes.
- 501(c)4 – An organization that is not organized for profit, which is operated exclusively to promote social welfare
The final decision concerning material distribution, and the manner in which the materials are distributed, is the principal’s discretion. Some principals may prefer having a limited number of materials available in the office for students who are interested, as opposed to distributing one to every student – this method is used in middle and high schools. Posting of material is preferred at the secondary level. Please do not make copies of your material until approval is received and you have reached out to the principal for their preference of distribution.
- Duplication and delivery of materials is the responsibility of the organization requesting permission to distribute. After receiving approval from the Office of School Administration and Leadership, please contact the approved school(s) prior to delivering the materials. A copy of your approval letter must be included with each set of material you deliver.
Suggestions for other avenues of advertising (this is not an endorsement from CCPS) for organizations that are not a non-profit:
- Local newspapers, Southern Maryland News, 301-645-8945 (published twice a week)
- Local libraries, childcare centers, grocery store bulletin boards
For consideration, this form must be submitted at least two weeks in advance to distribution date. Please allow five business days for the review process.